Tuesday, May 09, 2006


The countdown is on.

May 15-17th: Washington, DC
May 17th-July 28: training in Panama City
July 28, 2006 - July 31, 2008: work in my assigned community (not yet known)

The last couple of weeks were a flurry of events. Moving out of Pensacola, traveling to Phoenix and the Grand Canyon, and finally returning home, to spend some time with the parents. Preparations that I should be making, such as packing and reflecting on my task ahead, have been largely postponed so far, as my time is mostly occupied by attempting to make my web site function and researching a new digital camera. I ultimately decided on the Canon A520, and splurged on an underwater casing. Even if I won't be doing much diving or snorkeling in Panama, I figure the case will protect the camera from the extremely humid conditions. Or so I tell myself to justify the purchase of a fun new toy.